Thursday, 27 Jan 2022

Booster jab program in the West to create mutations and ‘prolong pandemic’, warns WHO

Covid-19: Javid confirms 7 day isolation with negative test result

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The World Health Organisation (WHO) director has warned that the new booster jab programs in Western countries will inevitably make the pandemic longer. During a news conference, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the WHO, said the current booster programmes promoted by all leaders from Boris Johnson and Joe Biden to Emmanuel Macron and Olaf Scholz were just a “blanket.”

The third vaccine shot has shown massive results to protect against grave Covid symptoms and variants such as Delta and Omicron and slow down the number of Covid hospitalisations.

However, the WHO says that massive doses of vaccines were held in Western countries as third jabs instead of being sent to developing countries where first doses are required.

Dr Adhanom Ghebreyesus said: “No country can boost its way out of the pandemic.”

“And boosters cannot be seen as a ticket to go ahead with planned celebrations without the need for other precautions.”

“Blanket booster programmes are likely to prolong the pandemic rather than ending it by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate.

“It is important to remember that the vast majority of hospitalisations and deaths are in unvaccinated people, not unboosted people.

“And we must be clear that the vaccines we have to remain effective against both the Delta and Omicron variants.”

He said that only half of the WHO’s member states had been able to reach a target of vaccinating 40 percent of their populations by the end of the year “because of distortions in global supply.”

He also advocated for countries and vaccine manufacturers to work together to prioritise programmes delivering vaccines to poorer nations and “to work together to support those who are furthest behind”.

The WHO’s projections claim there should be enough vaccine supply for all adults in the world to be jabbed and those at high risk to receive boosters by the first quarter of next year.

All nations should only introduce widespread boosters to fully vaccinated individuals in 2022.

Dr Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the 40 percent target of fully vaccinated people among WHO member states could have been reached in every country by September if vaccines had been shared out more equitably.

DON’T MISS: 
Omicron hospital risk lower than Delta, studies show [BREAKING] 
Covid cases hit 100k in the UK: The 10 virus hotspots revealed [REPORT] 
Inside hospital ward where unjabbed patients as young as 30 are dying [VIDEO]

The WHO has also advised people not to celebrate Christmas with big gatherings given the Omicron surge.

Dr Adhanom Ghebreyesus said: “An event cancelled is better than a life cancelled.

“It’s better to cancel now and celebrate later than to celebrate now and grieve later.”

Source: Read Full Article

Best News