Wednesday, 4 Aug 2021

Harry and Meghan ‘want money rolling in with little in return’ biographer claims

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are keen to get more "money rolling in" without having to do much in return, a royal biographer believes.

Angela Levin, who wrote Harry: Conversations with the Prince, spoke out against the pair on TalkRadio on Thursday in light of Harry claiming his dad Prince Charles had "cut him off".

Royal accounts released to the public for the first time on Wednesday seem to show the couple being supported by Charles until summer 2020, contradicting Harry's claims he had stopped receiving financial support from his family in the "first quarter" of last year.

Ms Levin said: "They [Meghan and Harry] don't want to pay anything, they want to get the money rolling in with very little in return and that's been shown with Spotify.

"They were offered an $18 million contract and they've done one extremely boring podcast of half an hour where people like Elton John were complaining they couldn't take their private planes out of the country."

Meghan and Harry have been on parental leave due to the birth of their daughter Lilibet Diana, which could explain why they haven't produced any more content since the first episode.

There is nothing to suggest they have broken their deal with Spotify.

Ms Levin's comments come after a dispute in which Harry said in an interview with TV chat show host Oprah Winfrey that his father had left him with no security following "Megxit" when he and his wife left the UK and stepped down as senior royals.

  • Charles gave Harry and Meghan 'substantial sum' despite duke's claims he was 'cut off'

Recently published accounts from Clarence House indicate Charles gave £4.4 million to his sons in 2020-2021.

Omid Scobie, a friend of Meghan and Harry and the author of Finding Freedom, defended the couple and said their account to Oprah did not differ from the financial statements.

Mr Scobie said: "Despite some confusing reports, Prince Charles and Prince Harry's timelines for the period the Sussexes' financial support ended are the same.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"Clarence House says funding continued until last summer (Q1 of the UK's fiscal year is April to June) and Harry told Oprah the same."

In the Oprah clip posted on Twitter, Harry says "my family literally cut me off financially and I had to afford security for us".

Oprah replies: "Wait, hold up, wait a minute? Your family cut you off?"

To which Harry states: "Yeah, in the first half, the first quarter of 2020.

"But I've got what my mum left me, and without that we would not have been able to do this."

A senior Clarence House spokesman said: "As we'll all remember, in January 2020 when the duke and duchess announced that they were going to move away from the working Royal Family, the duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent."

Representatives for the Sussexes have been approached for comment.

Source: Read Full Article

Best News