Saturday, 31 Jul 2021

Harry threatened royals with truth bombs before Oprah interview, expert claims

Prince Harry may have 'threatened' to drop 'truth bombs' about the Royal Family during the Oprah interview if the Queen stripped him of his military titles, a royal expert suggested yesterday.

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the 36-year-old may have 'hinted' to palace courtiers about giving the bombshell interview with US TV host Oprah Winfrey before the announcement was made about the final 'Megxit' deal in February.

The deal saw the Duke of Sussex stripped of all his military titles, including Captain General of the Royal Marines, after which the tell-all interview with Oprah was organised within 24 hours, reports MailOnline.

Mr Fitzwilliams said the Palace stripping Prince Harry of his titles would have left him 'extremely angry' and 'seeking revenge' following the blow.

He suggests that the Prince may have warned courtiers about a potential televised interview before the 'Megxit' announcement was made.

Mr Fitzwilliams told MailOnline: "There is no doubt that harry valued his patronages terribly and there’s absolutely no doubt that if you look at this as a probable revenge.

  • Prince Harry and Meghan 'bought Lillibet website names before Queen gave her approval'

"They were told it was made pretty clear to them a year before them at the Sandringham Summit, they more or less knew they were going to lose their patronages.

"There were endless rumours in the years that followed that they were going to keep them – and they were left open.

"It's also very possible that they threatened they might do this (interview), and perhaps the palace courtiers negotiating didn’t believe them."

  • Prince Harry will regret being 'forced out' of royal family, claims Diana's ex-bodyguard

PR expert Fitzwilliams also suggested that Meghan and Harry's interview with Tom Bradby on ITV in 2019 could have been a 'warning shot' to Buckingham Palace that they may go public one day.

During the interview, Meghan told Tom she was struggling and that 'not many people' had asked her if she was OK.

The 'very cross' Duke of Sussex allegedly agreed to the interview with Oprah the same weekend it was announced that he would lose his military titles – but it has previously been suggested that the decision to go ahead with the interview was made after Harry and Meghan were told that their son, Archie, would not be given a prince title when Charles becomes king.

  • Meghan Markle set for 'brutal showdown' with Buckingham Palace over bullying probe

The topic was addressed in the couple's controversial interview with Oprah which aired in Britain on ITV on 8 March.

It was reported before the announcement of the final 'Megxit' deal in February that Prince Harry, who toured Afghanistan twice with the Army, had asked the Queen about the possibility of keeping his military titles.

But such a plan was vetoed and the title was taken back, along with his role as Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington in Suffolk and many others.

This reportedly 'devastated' Harry.

Prince Harry later took part in his interview with Oprah Winfrey alongside his wife Meghan Markle, in which the pair made a number of allegations about their life within the Royal Family.

Source: Read Full Article

Best News