Joe Biden on brink as US President faces intense pressure to reveal 9/11 secrets
Joe Biden appears to forget the year of the 9/11 attacks
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Thousands of people have signed a letter calling on the US government watchdog to investigate alleged links between the terror attacks and Saudi Arabia. A group of around 3,500 people, including families of victims, first responders and survivors, claim the FBI may have provided false evidence or even destroyed files allegedly linking Saudi Arabia to some of the hijackers.
The request was sent to Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz, and the letter stated “circumstances make it likely that one or more FBI officials committed willful misconduct with intent to destroy or secrete evidence to avoid its disclosure”.
It added: “Given the importance of the missing evidence at issue to the 9/11 investigation, as well as the repeated mishandling by the FBI of that evidence, an innocent explanation is not believable.”
The Federal Bureau of Investigation declined to comment on the letter.
Saudi Arabia has always said it had no role in the hijacked plane attacks.
Family members affected by the disaster and 9/11 theorists have claimed a potential link between Saudi Arabia and the terror group Al Qaeda.
Fifteen of the 19 hijackers in the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington were from Saudi Arabia.
A previous report published by US government commission found no evidence that Saudi Arabia directly funded Al Qaeda.
Investigators say the attacks were orchestrated by then Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, which then triggered the US-led invasion of Afghanistan.
Nearly 3,000 people were killed on 9/11, including more than 2,600 at the World Trade Centre, 125 at the Pentagon, and 265 on the four planes.
The administrations of George W Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump also refused to declassify the documents, citing national security concerns.
Last month, many families asked President Biden to skip 20-year memorial events, unless he declassified documents allegedly relating to Saudi Arabia.
They called on the 78-year-old to stay away from the three sites where the attacks took place – in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
A letter said: “We cannot in good faith, and with veneration to those lost, sick, and injured, welcome the president to our hallowed grounds until he fulfils his commitment.”
Brexit is ‘benefitting workers’ – Leaver notes lorry driver’s pay rise [INSIGHT]
Royal Family LIVE: Harry dealt huge blow after William’s heroics [LIVE}
UK heatwave mapped: New chart shows whole nation to roast in 30C blast [FORECAST]
On Monday, the US government made its first move and said it will “review” files relevant to the 9/11 attacks.
In a statement, President Biden said: “My administration is committed to ensuring the maximum degree of transparency under the law.
“I welcome the Department of Justice’s filing today, which commits to conducting a fresh review of documents where the government has previously asserted privileges, and to doing so as quickly as possible.”
Source: Read Full Article