Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell boss steps down after just a year

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s chief of staff has left her job after just a year, foreign media reports.

Catherine St Laurent started working for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in April 2020 and served as the executive director of the Archewell foundation.

However, she has now taken on an advisory role.

A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan confirmed: “She will continue to bring high-level strategic guidance to Archewell, which she helped launch and build over the course of the past year."

James Holt, the couple’s representative in the UK, is set to replace the mum-of-two at Archewell, the New York Post’s Page Six section reports.

Announcing her appointment last year, the Sussexes said: “We are proud to be joined by Catherine St Laurent in this next chapter with us.

“Her leadership and proven track record working within two organisations that have tremendous impact in the world: the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Pivotal Ventures makes her an incredible asset and we’re excited to have her on our team.”

A source told the Daily Telegraph: "Catherine was a great hire for Harry and Meghan. She is a Canadian who has worked for Bill and Melinda Gates.

"She’s very bubbly and a big personality. She was the bright hope to run their organisation so this is surprising news. They do not have a big team out in LA so this is going to be a blow."

The Daily Star has approached Mr Holt for comment.

During their time in the UK, Harry and Meghan lost several employees.

  • Is Britain a nation of lockdown lovers – take Just Jane's Daily Star Sex Q&A

Earlier this month, Buckingham Palace announced it would investigate allegations of bullying made against the Duchess of Sussex.

Reports in The Times suggest the Duchess of Sussex faced a bullying complaint from her time in Kensington Palace.

It was reportedly made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, who worked as communications secretary to the couple at the time.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The allegations claim Meghan drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third member of staff.

The royal lived with Prince Harry at the Palace for nearly a year after their wedding in May 2018.

Meghan's spokesman said it was the "latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma".

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article

Best News