Mouldy roast dinner, rotting food and deadly E.coli found in filthy pub kitchen
Shocking photos taken of a pub kitchen show rotten food, including a plate of roast dinner and disgusting mouldy rhubarb crumble.
The vile pictures were taken inside the White Hart pub in Cullompton, Devon, whose owner Jane Tadman has since been fined thousands of pounds.
Hygiene inspectors found rotting food and flies in the kitchen, as well as mouldy food, unwashed equipment, and dirty work surfaces when they visited the business, reports DevonLive.
A judge described the kitchen as being "in a filthy condition, with mouldy, rotten and out of date food" and said that "food taken away for analysis showed E. coli present".
Tadman pleaded guilty at Exeter Magistrates Court to six food hygiene offences, which all related to keeping the premises clean; storing food correctly; removing waste; preventing contamination that would render food unfit for human consumption and not adhering to food safety guidelines.
District judge Joanna Matson said: "The premises were visited again by council officers and it was found the kitchen had not improved. I have to assess this case using the sentencing guidelines for food hygiene offences.
"I consider the culpability for the sentencing guidelines to be high. The defendant company fell far short of the appropriate standards. I agree with the prosecution that this is a category two case for harm as per the sentencing guidelines. This is a serious offence."
Mid Devon District councillor Dennis Knowles, said: “We're committed to ensuring food standards remain high throughout Mid Devon to safeguard our residents and visitors, and we won't hesitate to utilise the full range of regulatory interventions available to us when tackling high-risk, illegal or poor performing food businesses.
“Given the severity of the conditions in this particular case, both our public health and legal teams did an excellent job intervening and bringing about a closure, followed by a successful prosecution, thereby preventing any members of the public from becoming extremely ill, or worse still losing their lives."
Tadman was fined £3,600 and ordered to pay £3,000 in court charges, with a victim surcharge of £100.
The pub has fully reopened as of December 2019.
Source: Read Full Article