Friday, 5 Mar 2021

Prince Charles ‘to remain in London’ after visiting Prince Philip in hospital

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Charles is to remain in London after visiting his dad Prince Philip in hospital on Saturday, it has been reported.

The Duke of Edinburgh was taken to King Edward VII hospital on Tuesday evening.

On Saturday, Charles left Gloucestershire and travelled to London where he paid a 40-minute visit to his dad at King Edward VII's private hospital.

Charles arrived at the back of the London hospital at around 3.25pm and was later seen leaving the hospital at around 4pm.

Buckingham Palace described Philip's admission as "a precautionary measure" when he first went into hospital on Tuesday but has not issued another update since.

The hospital's website states that visits are only allowed "in exceptional circumstances" during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and Daily Express reports that Charles' visit was in accordance with these rules.

The hospital's website states: "To protect our patients we need to limit visitors to our hospital.

"We recommend virtual visits where possible. Visitors will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, where one visitor will be permitted to visit. No children will be permitted to visit.

  • The Queen has been discussing Prince Harry and Meghan quitting royals 'for months'

"The health, safety and well-being of our patients, family, carers and staff remain our absolute priority.

"Permission for visiting must be discussed directly with Matron’s Office, and would be allowed under the following circumstances:

"One regular carer will be allowed for patients with additional needs e.g. dementia, learning disabilities. They will be swabbed to allow them to continue with caring commitments.

"For patients receiving end of life care."

Buckingham Palace has issued no new update on the Duke's health since he first went into hospital.

  • Queen allegedly told Prince Harry, 'You work for the monarchy, it doesn't work for you'

When he was admitted to hospital, the full Palace statement read: "His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on Tuesday evening.

"The duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor, after feeling unwell.

"The duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest."

Following the decision to keep Philip under observation, a source told the BBC that the royal remains in good spirits and that his doctor is acting with an “abundance of caution”.

  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have 'given two fingers to monarchy' after losing titles

It is believed he had felt ill days before being ordered to visit hospital as a "precautionary measure", and it is not related to coronavirus.

On Saturday, January 9, Buckingham Palace announced the 94-year-old head of state and her consort, 99, had been given the coronavirus vaccination.

The Palace rarely comments on health matters, but it is understood the Queen decided the information should be made public to prevent inaccuracies and further speculation.

Grandson Prince Harry is now self isolating in California to fly home if Philip's condition worsens.

The Duke of Sussex has decided to stay at his £11million California mansion permanently while his grandfather is in hospital, in case of the need to return to the UK at short notice, the Daily Mirror reported.

It is also understood that the Prince has requested regular updates on the Duke of Edinburgh's status.

A royal expert earlier guessed that Philip would be frustrated by his stint in hospital.

Penny Junor joked on BBC Breakfast that he could be "quite outspoken" towards medics during his admission for "observation and rest".

  • Prince Charles
  • Prince Philip
  • London
  • Royal Family
  • Queen

Source: Read Full Article

Best News