Sunday, 28 Nov 2021

Queen health update as she faces battle ‘between head and body’

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

The Queen is "resting" and "undertaking light duties" after cancelling a royal trip.

A Palace source said the 95-year-old monarch is back at work and staying at Windsor Castle.

They added that she had spent the night at the King Edward VII hospital in central London on Wednesday, October 20, for practical reasons and that her medical team had taken a cautious approach.

Royal biographer Angela Levin earlier told talkRadio: "We've got to sort of encourage her to take a step back or sideways or something to allow her body to recover from the engagements that she does.

"I think it's a fight between her head and her body, because she wants to do it, she feels she can, she's very articulate, she's absolutely spot on with everything she says, but her body is 95 years old."

Gillian Keegan, a junior health minister, said it was concerning to hear that the Queen had stayed a night in hospital but that she appeared to be on the mend.

"She's just so fantastic and I hope that she's feeling better today," Keegan said.

The Palace earlier confirmed in a statement: "The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days.

"Her Majesty is in good spirits and is disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland, where she had been due to undertake a series of engagements today and tomorrow.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland and looks forward to visiting in the future."

She was last hospitalised in 2013 due to suffering symptoms of gastroenteritis – a condition that causes diarrhoea and vomiting.

Her Majesty is still planning to attend COP26 to host world leaders in Glasgow at the end of this month.

  • Queen

Source: Read Full Article

Best News