Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021

Queen ‘won’t watch Meghan Markle and Prince Harry circus’ during Oprah talk

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

The Queen won't watch Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, it has been claimed.

Her Majesty will reportedly have a breakfast briefing with aides who will stay up through the night to watch the two-hour show, to air at around 1am UK time.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to accuse Buckingham Palace of "perpetuating falsehoods" about them after quitting the UK last year.

But the Royal Family is reported to be "focusing on the big issues" instead of the "circus that is Oprah and all things Sussex".

Prince Philip, 99, is meanwhile set to spend his 18th night in hospital following heart surgery on Wednesday.

A source told the Sunday Times: "You will see next week Her Majesty has quite a few things going on. I don't think anyone should expect Her Majesty to stay up and watch the interview. She won't.

"What should Monday really be about? Children going back to school, the effectiveness of the vaccine programme – these are the big issues the royal family wants to focus on, not news about the circus that is Oprah and all things Sussex."

Palace officials also reportedly warned that courtiers "will come out swinging" if Meghan and Harry attack individuals in the interview set to air on ITV on Monday.

A senior source was quoted: "The mood in the family is: can everyone just shut the hell up and can we just get on with the day job."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The royal family is bracing for bombshells from Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, in the interview.

Trailers have shown Meghan claim "the Firm" played "an active role" in "perpetuating falsehoods about us".

She also said she was prevented by palace aides from talking to Winfrey while she was a working royal.

Harry claimed "it has been unbelievably tough for the two of us" despite their lucrative life in the US.

  • Is Britain a nation of lockdown lovers – take Just Jane's Daily Star Sex Q&A

Meghan has vehemently denied accusations of bullying Palace staff.

A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess said: "The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

"She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

They added: "Let's just call this what it is – a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation. We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet. It's no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining The Duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and The Duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years."

Kensington Palace and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been approached by the Daily Star for comment.

  • ITV
  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Queen
  • Netflix
  • Deals
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article

Best News