‘Selfless’ young mum dies of sudden brain haemorrhage leaving behind 2-year-old
A young mum died suddenly from a brain haemorrhage.
Tragic India Headlam, 26, passed away last Friday and leaves behind a heartbroken fiancé and two-year-old son.
Tributes poured in for the "selfless and caring" mum who died after falling ill at the family home in Lythe near Whitby, North Yorkshire.
She leaves behind son Cole and her other half Chris Jackson, YorkshireLive reports. Friends and family have now launched a JustGiving page to help with the cost of her funeral.
Pal Tom Spark, who set up the page, wrote: "We are all devastated by India's loss and were not prepared for the cost of a funeral service.
"We want to give India the memorial she deserves, to honour her memory and say our last goodbyes.
"No one expects that for someone so young so it's not like they had any money stored away.
"I spoke to my friend about it and we said: 'Let's do what we can for the little lad'. He's only two so he's not going to know his mum."
Evil dognapper tries to steal guide dog from partially blind owner walking in park
More than £15,000 has already been raised, far exceeding Mr Spark's initial £2,500 target.
He described Miss Headlam as "fantastic" and "always smiling", added: "I've been in contact with the family and they are massively grateful.
"This will pay for India's funeral and whatever's left can go to help Chris and Cole."
A tribute on the JustGiving page, co-written by Miss Headlam's sister, said: "India was a wonderful daughter, sister, mother, friend and aunt who touched the lives of those around her.
Urgent search launched for two missing 16-year-old girls feared to be miles from home
"India dedicated her life to so many – her precious little boy Cole, her amazing partner Chris and her family and friends."
She went on: "India was known and loved by so many people and she cared and supported them whenever she could.
"Not only was she selfless and caring when she was here, she has done the most amazing thing and has been able to donate her organs and is able to save so many peoples lives through this.
"We are so proud of this and she really deserves the best send off."
To view the JustGiving page or to donate, click here.
Source: Read Full Article