Student, 18, in intensive care after being ‘fried alive’ on £3.25 sunbed
A medical student suffered horrific burns to 80% of her body after a 15-minute sunbed session costing £3.25.
Russian Elina Nosova, 18, is fighting for her life after being "fried alive" and is now in intensive care in a grave condition with second degree burns.
Police are now probing the salon after her body was covered in blisters.
The trainee doctor went to get a tan aiming to pose for seaside pictures on a break in resort Sochi, which is still permitted under Russia's new coronavirus rules.
Her mother Irina said: "She was moving her body in a strange way.
"I said: 'Why are you so yellow, did you paint your face with something?'
"I looked more and saw blisters all over her face, ears and neck."
Soon Elina could not stand up, her temperature soared, and she was rushed to intensive care where she was found to have been "fried alive" in the tanning salon with burns all over her body.
The female manager of the salon claimed that Elina had failed to say it was her first time in a sunbed, even though she said she had never been to this salon before.
"All women know that you should start with five minutes if it is your first time in a solarium," said the manager.
"If she had told me it was her first time, I would not have allowed to take so many minutes."
She said: "I asked her if she needed sunscreens or covers for her breasts, and she said no."
Elina was "happy" when she left the solarium but soon succumbed to the burns, and had to be rushed to hospital.
Elina, from Tomsk in Siberia, is a medical student at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University in Moscow.
Source: Read Full Article