Monday, 25 Oct 2021

Tragic dad was murdered while defending his son, 14, in bus row

This is the first picture of a "pillar of the community" dad stabbed to death defending his son in a bus row.

Tunde Fadayomi was killed in the doorway of a chicken shop in Willesden, north-west London, on Thursday.

Harrowing video posted on social media shows the moment the tragic dad was fatally wounded as witnesses screamed in horror and others tried to intervene, the Mirror reports.

The 40-year-old is said to have been protecting his teenage son, believed to be 14, after he was threatened on a bus before the row spilled onto the street.

Another clip recorded moments earlier showed two men arguing on the top deck of a bus before they began to make their off the vehicle.

A passenger who was on the bus and witnessed the tragedy said the suspect stabbed Tunde and then walked away "without a care in the world".

He said: "He calmly walked away. It was like nothing happened."

Tributes poured in for the father.

Neighbour Vanessa told MyLondon: "He was the most humble guy I have ever known. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"He was always walking his dogs.

"I’m still in shock. A bad word never would come out of his mouth.

"He was always with that little boy since he was born (his son).

"He’s a football coach. He was a pillar of the community. It really breaks my heart."

A witness comforted Mr Fadayomi's distraught son after the incident.

They said: "I was coming from across the road. I saw him on the floor in a pile of blood. It’s the first time I have seen something like that.

"They were trying to save him. There were four or five people trying to save him."

"It’s sad, it’s really sad. I saw him and he said ‘he was my dad' and I gave him a hug. It was horrible."

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Police were called by London Ambulance Service at 5.11pm on Thursday, 29 April to a report of a man suffering from stab wounds on High Road, NW10. Officers attended.

"Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, the man, aged 40, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after."

A 42-year-man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 5109/29Apr.

People can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source: Read Full Article

Best News